Most Exciting Technological Developments for Online Casinos

Live dealer

While virtual casinos offered a multitude of advantages over land-based casinos, many players still missed the atmosphere and social interaction that traditional casinos offered. Around 2007, however, the first live dealer casino games entered the market, paving the way for a live, interactive and atmospheric casino experience from the comfort of your home. Now, players are able to enjoy the best of both worlds for a number of popular choices such as table games, wheel games and more. 

These games take place in a studio and offer high-definition streaming with live webcams providing a variety of camera angles. Each table has its own game controller (GCU) and encoding feed from the table to the users to offer smooth interaction between the dealers and the players. The GCU works in combination with optical character recognition (OCR) technology which collects game data and overlays it on the screen. This technology records every detail of information in the gaming room, such as a spinning roulette wheel or shuffling cards, offering players a real-life experience. 

Mobile gambling

Recent developments have made it possible for players to play at an online casino for real money wherever they are and whenever they choose. Modern virtual casinos have been fully optimized to serve a variety of devices so that players can enjoy high-quality games whether they’re playing on their home computer or on their smartphones. These apps make it easy to switch between devices, too, ensuring a much greater level of ease and accessibility for regular players.

According to “Gambling statistics 2021: The definitive guide” on Time2Play, “Across all age groups, smartphones are the most popular devices for online gambling, with 50% of gamblers expressing this preference. Laptops are next at 23%, but the only age group using tablets for gambling are the 35–44-year-olds. Around 75% of 21–24-year-olds use their smartphones and the remaining 25% their laptops.” This shows that while new, mobile gambling has become a firm favorite among online gamers.

3D animation

Slots have become a particularly popular casino option, whether at a land-based or digital casino, since they don’t require the skill many table games do, they’re easy to learn and play, and they have a low buy-in with the potential for big wins. Online slot machines deliver colorful and exciting gameplay, providing a simple concept and classic design that has been adapted over a variety of themes, with modern slots incorporating a range of new features. To really bring these games to life and make up for the lack of a buzzing casino environment in which to play, game developers have started making use of 3D animations and other graphics in these games, which provide a unique and engaging element.

Blockchain technology

As technology evolves, casino enthusiasts are now offered a variety of safe and fast payment gateways, such as online banking, PayPal, Apple Pay and more. The newest technology allows users to initiate payment via cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and others. This blockchain technology allows for data transparency, anonymity of financial transactions, decentralization and low transaction fees. While still fairly new, not all casinos have integrated cryptocurrencies into their systems, but this virtual currency will soon lessen the risk of identity theft and scams, making it an exciting development in the industry.

Data-driven gambling

While pop culture often depicts Artificial Intelligence (AI) as robots taking over the world, the casino industry has managed to integrate this technology in intelligent ways that have and will continue to make the online gambling experience an enjoyable and highly personalized one. Virtual casinos are leveraging AI-enabled data methods to give insight into user behavior and patterns to adapt their offerings to customers’ needs, wants and preferences. When playing casino games online, you may have noticed that after a few sessions, your feed is more personalized, displaying games that are likely to pique your interest based on what you’ve played before. This tailored experience will continue to expand in the future, with data analytics used to create a more engaging gaming experience. 

Gamification

Online casinos have used technology in a variety of ways to create exciting and engaging gameplay, from HD graphics to bonuses and promotions. To give a competitive edge, these casinos have also introduced extra features to their clients, making leaderboards, tournaments and more an option for players looking to take their skills to the next level. 

Exciting developments in the pipeline

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.